Tuesday 19 August 2014

Current Faves!

So recently I have been trying out loads of new things and I couldn't wait to shame them with you!







My first favourite this month is Maybelline's Fit Me pressed powder in 120 Classic Ivory. Up until now I have been 100% faithful to Rimmel's Stay Matte, but recently I feel that it is a little too cakey and I wanted to try something different. This powder is super fine and I love it! It mattifies, but also if you lightly dust it over your foundation with a big powder brush it absorbs the oil but also lets a natural sheen come through too. And to top it off - I noticed a day or so after buying it that underneath the product there is a mirror and a powder puff. Perf!


Next up is L'oreal's True Match foundation in N1 Ivory. I'm not even this light naturally, but because it's summer at the moment and I've been fake tanning, I've been using this to mix in with other foundations to get the perfect shade, no matter which colour I am. It says on the bottle that this product is super blend able and I would 100% agree, it blends in easily both on my skin and with other foundations. It also has SPF 17, bonus!



I thought I would try Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer because I've heard that it is exactly the same as Benefit's Porefessional which I am completely in love with! I wouldn't say they are the same, they are completely different textures for starters! But I would say that this product does exactly what it says on the packaging. It makes my pores appear smaller, but it also creates a lovely smooth base for my foundation and concealer. At a fraction of the price of the Porefessional too, this is deffo a hit in my eyes!


 If you know me, you'll know that I wear false lashes quite a lot! There's just something about them that almost finishes a makeup look in my opinion. I am a big Eyelure fan and I would normally go for 101, but they didn't have them in stock when I went to pick some up. Instead, I got number 100. They are so fluttery and long which is normally the lashes I would go for! I also love Eyelure glue. Out of all the different brand of lashes I have tried, the glue with these lashes are always the best. So much so, that I actually save them to use on other lashes because I just know it won't be as good as Eyelure's.
Sticking with lashes, I have recently discovered that Essence is now stocked in Wilkinson's (UK). I have heard so much about this brand so I decided to pop out and grab some bits and pieces (brand haul coming soon). I couldn't wait to try the Lashes Go Wild mascara, and I wasn't disappointed! This mascara separates my lashes but also lengthens. There is next to no clumping and the packaging is also fun, I've never had a mascara in a squeezy tube before!
The last makeup item I have on my favourites is Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold. I have been lusting after this for so long but it always seems to be out of stock, so when I saw it in my local Boots I just HAD to get it! I love pink eye shadows and this doesn't budge. It is a gel-creme formula and it can also be used as an eyeshadow base or worn alone which I love for days when I want minimal effort makeup. I have two Colour Tattoos now (the other one being Permanent Taupe) and I can't wait to add more to my collection.
Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion in the gel formula was a favourite skin care product of mine years ago! When I picked up a magazine sometime last month, I noticed that there was a sample of the same product but in the lotion formula free with that issue. I was so happy! I fell instantly back in love with it and as soon as I've used this sample bottle up, I'll be running back out to grab the full size. As I have an oily t-zone and dry cheeks (combination skin) I find this product perfect as it's very light and sinks into my skin beautifully.
My final favourite at the moment is a fragrance. Soap and Glory's Super Tonic fragrance in Orangeasm. This wont be for everyone as it's very strong and only really smells like oranges, but I just love it! It's quite sweet but also smells quite sour if that makes any sense?! It lasts for ages and for only £12 for 100ml I can't really complain. I definitely go for sweet fragrances anyway so this is perfect for me. Love!
Hope you enjoyed this post guys. Speak soon! Beth xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers