Friday 28 March 2014

My Current Favourite Foundation Picks

As I haven't blogged in ages, I thought what better way to catch up then to tell you all my favourite products at the moment?! If you didn't know already, I am very much a drug-store girl. I can spend hours browsing the shelves of Boots and Superdrug, not to mention that it's affordable for a student on a budget!

This post is going to be my top three current foundation picks. They are all widely available in the UK and also very affordable!

Rimmel Match Perfection, Rimmel Wake Me Up, Seventeen Stay Time
(As you can see, they are all well loved!)


Rimmel Match Perfection (010 Light Porcelain)

This is by far my favourite foundation ever. I love absolutely everything about it! It is described as a light perfecting radiance foundation and I'd say it lives up to its name. This foundation makes my skin look simply flawless, and has a slight hint of a dewy effect without being too shiny. It has awesome staying power, meaning I can pop this on in the morning and it will still look fresh by the time I get back in the evening. It is a liquid foundation, but very blend-able! It also smells like cucumber! This retails for £6.99.

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (100 Ivory)

I wasn't too keen on this foundation when I first got it, I thought that it made me look greasy and shiny! However I have found this foundation works best when you're having a 'good skin day' and when used lightly. It is described as an anti-fatigued effect & radiant glow foundation, and I certainly agree! This foundation leaves my skin looking beautifully glowy and dewy with only one thin layer. The only problem with this is that the lightest shade I could find is 100 Ivory, and it is a shade too dark for me, so I think I will have to save this for summer! This foundation retails for £8.99.

Seventeen Stay Time 25 Hour Foundation (Porcelain)

This foundation originally stood out to me because of it's claims to stay put for up to 25 hours (although I have never felt the need to wear foundation for that long...) and being a busy uni student this sounded very appealing! This foundation is a favourite mainly because of it's coverage. This bad boy will cover ANYTHING! From redness and blemishes to scarring and dark circles, after one layer they have disappeared. It leaves your skin looking absolute flawless, the perfect canvas to get creative with the rest of your makeup. I know that this brand is supposed to appeal to teenagers, but I kid you not this stuff is gold. This retails for £6.49.


Hope you enjoyed this guys! More posts coming soon! Ciao for now, B x.x.x.x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers