Friday 16 May 2014

Collective Haul!

Hello everybody! Over the past month or so I have treated myself to some new make up bits that I thought might be of interest to you. I decided to do a collective haul instead of loads of tiny hauls because I felt like I didn't buy enough things to haul in any one shopping trip haha!

I'll start off with what I am most excited about! After doing a bit of shopping at Meadowhall with my friend, I came across the Urban Decay shop. I must have gone in there at least twice before I caved and decided to buy the original Naked palette. I've been umming and arring for quite some time about whether or not to start my Naked Palette collection because being a student, £37 is quite expensive! Even so, it didn't stop me caving and buying the original, along with a Primer Potion in Sin. I don't regret my purchases, despite the price tag. I have used both of them every day since my purchase around 2 weeks ago! I completely understand the hype. Enjoy some crap photographs of the products and swatches below.




Original Naked Palette swatches




Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

The next item was actually a gift from my Mum from when she went travelling to Germany last month. She is such a babe, and I'm so grateful! It is the famous YSL Touche Eclat. I haven't given this a proper test drive yet, because as it was a gift I don't want to over use it! But from the couple times I have used it, I love it. I find it works best as a highlighting concealer and wouldn't use it for spot and blemish concealing. I really love applying it down the sides of my mouth to make my lips stand out when I'm wearing a bold colour! Sorry about the finger prints on the photo, do you know how hard it is to clean it off cardboard?!

YSL Touche Eclat

I decided to pick up some new lip colours (because I clearly don't have enough..) because summer is on its way and I'm obsessed with brights at the moment! I found this gorgeous coral baby pink colour by Collection called 'Sweet Tart'. I am absolutely loving this at the moment, and it looks gorgeous with bronzed up skin. 


Collection Lipstick in Sweet Tart

After seeing the Rita Ora collection advertised for Rimmel I just had to try one of the Colour Rush Balms. I was not disappointed! The formula of these are absolutely gorgeous. They smell like vanilla (like the MAC lipsticks) and have awesome staying power. They leave a glossy finish that doesn't slide off the lips too. I can see myself collecting them all pretty soon!


Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in Rumour Has It

The next lip colour is the a neutral lipstick from the brand 'Look'. I've never seen the brand before but I saw there was an offer on this brand's makeup in Superdrug and I couldn't resist the cute packaging. The lipstick itself is a little slippy, but I can work with it. Gorgeous neutral! 

LOOK lipstick in Shade 6 'Petal Nude'


My final lip colour is this Super Stay 24 Hour Bold Matte lip colour in Prune Plaisir and it is seriously the brightest colour I own! It pretty much has the same formula as any other of Maybelline's Super Stay lip colour line, but this dies matte. I love it! I love the balm that comes with it to stop it looking dry. I think I will be getting a lot of use out of this, this summer. 


24 hour Bold Matte Lip Colour in Prune Plaisir

Browsing the MUA stand at Superdrug, I noticed that their powder highlighter was finally back in stock so I snapped it up straight away. I've heard amazing reviews over this product but I haven't properly tested it yet. When swatched it looks amazing though! I also picked up two of MUA's powder blushes. I already own a couple of these blushes and absolutely love them, and at £1 you literally cannot go wrong! I picked up two colours that I own nothing of. A gorgeous bright pink that I think will look nice with a tan, and a neutral pink colour for when I don't want a strong cheek.



 

MUA Undress Your Skin Powder Highlighter MUA Powder Blush in Bubble Gum (bottom left) MUA Powder Blush in Cupcake (bottom right)

Finally, I thought I would try one of Rimmel's mascaras. The always have loads of versions of this mascara and they have been around for ages, but I just haven't tried it before. I love the brush on this! It is curved and has different sized bristles on it. The formula coats each lash and makes them look so long and voluminous. In love! 





Hope you enjoyed this guys! What have you been buying recently? :)

Ciao, Beth xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers